List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo stats server/client @ 2009-08-22
From:       Sebastian Pipping <webmaster () hartwork ! org>
Date:       2009-09-01 2:28:15

Christian Faulhammer wrote:
>> I have just committed a patch [1] that could fix it.  Please try again
>> with the latest HEAD and let me know how it works for you.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/smolt/client/sendProfile.py",
>  line 215, in <module> """ % excerpts
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 3:
> ordinal not in range(128)
>
>  Similar. :)

Is that after the patch?  The string should be plain ASCII at that point
already.  That puzzles me, are you very sure it's the new code?
There should be a new function "to_ascii" in there.

If it's after the patch do you have the time to play with the code
yourself?  Is it on a machine I could SSH into?  It's kind of hard for
me to debug this with it not happening on my machine.  I can
fake-produce it (which I did) but I don't get your scenario, it seems.

Sebastian