Christian Faulhammer wrote: >> I have just committed a patch [1] that could fix it. Please try again >> with the latest HEAD and let me know how it works for you. > > Traceback (most recent call last): > File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/smolt/client/sendProfile.py", > line 215, in """ % excerpts > UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 3: > ordinal not in range(128) > > Similar. :) Is that after the patch? The string should be plain ASCII at that point already. That puzzles me, are you very sure it's the new code? There should be a new function "to_ascii" in there. If it's after the patch do you have the time to play with the code yourself? Is it on a machine I could SSH into? It's kind of hard for me to debug this with it not happening on my machine. I can fake-produce it (which I did) but I don't get your scenario, it seems. Sebastian