List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] BugDay - Saturday 4th
From:       Vlastimil Babka <caster () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2008-09-27 22:10:34

Ben de Groot wrote:
> Roy Bamford wrote:
>> It's that time of the month again, time for another BugDay on Saturday
>> 4th September.
>> Read all about it http://bugday.gentoo.org/
>
> Maybe it would be a good idea to update that bugday page? Maybe devs
> could propose some bugs to be looked at?

After the last bugday I had the idea on IRC about bugzilla BUGDAY
keywords that devs would countinuously assign to bugs they see fit for
buday and the page would list them automatically. Maybe more variants of
the keyword to distinguish what the users should do (provide patch, test
something...) or expected amount of skill from the users. The NeedPatch
keyword could probably be used right away. What do you think?

> Maybe we could also ask users
> for suggestions, bugs that have been open for a while that they really
> want to see fixed?

We have voting, should promote it to be used more and also syndicate it
somehow on the bugday page?

> Also, I would like to ask for devs who are willing to work with
> proxy-maintainers. Maybe we could put up a list somewhere, so that users
> who are interested in doing proxy-maintenance know who to turn to.

Good idea.

Caster