List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] GOOD HOME REQUIRED -- Poweredge 2950 :)
From:       "Alex Howells" <astinus () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-01-23 22:08:38

Hiya All,

I seem to be making a habit of 'For Sale' notices lately; guess I like
to keep decent hardware within the community, and see it continue to
run Gentoo :)

I have a Dell Poweredge 2950 of the following spec:

    *  2 x Intel Xeon 5110, 1.6GHz/4MB, Dual-Core
    *  16GB FB 667mhz Memory (8 * 2GB DIMMs)
    *  2 x 73GB SAS, 10000rpm 3.5"
    *  PERC 5/i RAID Controller, 256MB Cache, Battery Backup
    *  x6 Backplane, will take SAS *or* SATA hard drives
    *  Redundant Power Supplies (2 x 750W)
    *  24x CD-ROM Drive
    *  Riser with PCI-X Support
    *  DRAC V (Dell Remote Access Controller)
    *  Rapid/Versa Rails, Cable Management

    Retail Price   :  £4850 + VAT
    Looking for    :  £3500 (private sale, no VAT)

I will consider all reasonable offers.

System is brand new, 100% working, only powered on for testing its all
OK! Includes all cables, CDs and documentation which came with it -
most of which is still shrink wrapped as my first action was to drop
in a Gentoo LiveCD ;)

Just been informed (possibly mistakenly, hope so!) that I owe my
University about £750 for summer accommodation, plus I'd like to clear
a bit of debt - that's my primary reason for sale, although the system
is also a bit surplus to my personal requirements!

I live in Aberystwyth, in the United Kingdom, and it'd be shipped with
ParcelForce / UPS; I'm happy to ship anywhere within the UK or EU.

General questions about the unit, feel free to mail the list; anyone
interested in buying the system or making me an offer, mail me
privately.

Thanks,
-- Alex