List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Changing the new-dev quizzes
From:       Bryan =?utf-8?Q?=C3=98stergaard?= <kloeri () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-01-23 20:26:00

Hi all.

Recruiters have been talking about changing our quizzes for a very long
time as most of the questions are a bit outdated and the quizzes doesn't
cover any new material from the last 2 years approximately.

What we'd like to do is make a big pool of questions that we can
randomly draw 20 questions from (or some other arbitrary number) and
have each recruitee do slightly different quizzes that way.

It's my hope that this will:
- help cover more areas
- avoid the copy/paste syndrom that we're sometimes seeing
- help make sure that the mentor spends more than 30 minutes on
  mentoring (yes, some mentors are fairly bad in this regard)
- make it more interesting for recruiters as well as devs mentoring
  several people (less repetition)

But to do all this we need some help from interested parties to create a
big pool of questions. To make this possible we've set up a
equizapp@gentoo.org alias where we can discuss the form of the future
quizzes as well as quiz questions. Mike Doty has a few ideas on the
application side of things and will write those up later today.

But for now interested people should add themselves to the alias (if
you're a dev and have access to that) or contact me on irc or by email
so I can possibly add you. I'm not only looking for current devs but a
strong knowledge of ebuilds, eclasses etc. is required.

Regards,
Bryan Østergaard