List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Foundation proposed bylaws
From:       Grant Goodyear <g2boojum () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-01-31 4:45:45

Paul Waring wrote: [Sun Jan 30 2005, 05:08:36AM CST]
>"Meetings of the members shall either be held electronically, or held
> at the principal office of the foundation, or any other place (within
> or outside the State of New Mexico and within or outside the United
> States) "
>
> why not just say "Meetings of the members shall either be held
> electronically, or held at the principal office of the foundation, or
> any other place"?

The reason for being specific is that the Foundation is incorporated in
New Mexico, which is in the US, but we want to let people know in no
uncertain terms that meetings need not be in either of those locations.
So, it's just a bit of added emphasis.

Best,
g2boojum
--