List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] New global use flag "multilib"
From:       Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-05-26 18:04:01

On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:42:49 +0200 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@gentoo.org>
wrote:
| So what's multilib ? At the moment it's an amd64 only global useflag,
| but probably other 64bit archs which can execute and compile 32bit
| binary will consider it usable too.

We'll probably use this on sparc at some point. Unlike amd64, we'll be
going for a mainly 32bit userland with a few 64bit libraries.

Thing is, we kinda need gcc 3.4 to do it, and gcc 3.4 won't build glibc
just yet, so it could be a while...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm