List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
From:       Olivier Fisette <olivier.fisette () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2004-05-07 3:33:31

Le jeudi, 29 Avril, 2004 23:42, John Davis a écrit  :
> Hi all -
> To start preparing for 2004.2 in July, releng is opening up Feature
> Requests that the community would like to see included in 2004.2. The
> last day that we are accepting requests is Friday, May 7th at which
> point releng will hold a meeting and decide which requests are feasible
> for both the alloted time and workload. Thank you for your time and your
> requests.
>
> Cheers,
> //zhen

One thing I'd like to see is the possibility for emerge and Portage to manage
concurrent actions, such as compiling while downloading, multiple
simultaneous downloads and multiple simultaneous emerge processes. This would
speed up system and world updates, and allow to safely install other packages
while such updates are running.

--
Olivier Fisette (pilos)