List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
From:       david () futuretel ! com
Date:       2004-05-04 17:00:27

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:31:49AM -0500, Jason Huebel wrote:

> Troy Dack wrote:
> | If not a dvd iso, maybe an ebuild that deps on catalyst and can be used
> | to generate an iso image.
>
> You're assuming that the user is already using Gentoo-- which they most
> likely won't be.  I would say a prebuilt DVD ISO is the only way to go.
> As far as how it gets distributed, a torrent would work out fine.
>
> What is the status of torrent hosting on one of the Gentoo servers?

I don't know about the gentoo servers but alot of system/network
admins I know complain about bittorrent because it requires a very
large amount of ports to be open.
This is especially frustrating if the admin of the machine is not the
network admin and has to justify opening 10-100 ports to the world.
Expect some resistence.