List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
From:       Jay Maynard <jmaynard () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-05-03 0:26:25

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 07:56:06PM -0400, John Davis wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 19:46, Nick Rout wrote:
> > How about publishing the .spec files that have been used to make the
> > releases, so that those who want to make their own CD with their own
> > kernel, or extra features like distcc, can do so.
> There is a livecd stage1 template specfile linked off of the release
> guidelines (which are linked off of the releng project page
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng). As for livecd stage2, we can
> surely work on including those either in the release notes or on the cd
> itself.

Perhaps we can have another package in portage, at least: gentoo-livecd-spec
or some such - that has the version number of the release it corresponds to,
with the specfiles in there. Maybe we can simply create a new place in
/usr/portage for them. It would certainly make my job easier in getting Alpha
releases out the door if I could make it simple for other folks to run the
builds, even if I have to set them up...since a full build takes about 36
hours, start to finish, plus whatever time is involved in noticing that one
stage is done and it's time to start the next one.