List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] emerge regen
From:       Chris Frey <cdfrey () netdirect ! ca>
Date:       2003-12-31 3:44:01

Hi,

Can anyone point me at documentation describing what the 'regen'
option does on emerge?  The man page is the only place I've found,
and it basically tells me to use rsync.

What I want to do is create a separate portage tree that I can
manually rync into, and copy over .ebuild files as I need them, into the
main /usr/portage tree.

It appears that I can use regen for this purpose after copying
new files in, but I want to make sure it is supposed to do what
I'm hoping it will. :-)

Thanks,
- Chris