List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo kernel patches
From:       Bob Miller <kbob () jogger-egg ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 22:55:43

Rumi Szabolcs wrote:

> I was trying to figure out which patches are applied to the
> stock kernel for the various gentoo kernels, but in the
> "Gentoo Linux Kernel Guide" I couldn't find any details on
> that. I found a suspicious file in the kernel tree though:
> /usr/src/linux/patches.txt (xfs-sources) This one really
> seems like that what I'm looking for, but using Google & co
> I wasn't able to find anything that would confirm that.
> Can anybody provide me with some info on that?

To see exactly what patches are applied to a given set of kernel
sources (or any other ebuild) look at the src_unpack() function in the
ebuild file.

Patches.txt should be up to date, but the src_unpack() function
is authoritative.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob@jogger-egg.com