List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] proposing new virtuals: blas and lapac + new use flag: ifc
From:       George Shapovalov <george () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-10-31 22:51:01

On Thursday 30 October 2003 13:08, splite-gentoo@sigint.cs.purdue.edu wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 11:17:57AM -0800, George Shapovalov wrote:
> The Intel Fortran Compiler for Linux (ifc) is definitely not an
> unrestricted download.  You may download and use the compiler under a
> no-cost
> "Non-Commercial Unsupported" license* that essentially covers running
> it on your home computer for your own amusement.  (I'm not sure how many
> people use BLAS or LAPACK strictly for their own amusement. :)  Paid
> academics (faculty, grad students) aren't covered, even if their research
> is not for profit.

Hm, thanks for clarification! (having not dealt with ifc itself, just testing
blass libs and seeing how it was automatically pulled off the mirrors I
assumed it is less restricted.)
So, shouldn't the ifc ebuild be fetch-restricted then (just like the icc one)?
Doesn't Intel want to enforce a usual click-through thing (to which this page
actually points)?

George