List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] ATTN ALL DEVS
From:       William Kenworthy <billk () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-09-29 23:12:32

In Australia, dob is often used as part of telephone banking identity
checking, and just about any identity checking process (online/telephone
and offline)  Whilst it is never (or should never be) used on its own,
it is part of the process - basicly posting you dob online is like
publicly declaring half your root password to your lifes assets ... and
your willing to gamble that someone wont have the other half?

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>