List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: sys-devel/ld.so missing?
From:       Paul <set () pobox ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 3:36:07

Jon Portnoy <avenj@gentoo.org>, on Sun May 25, 2003 [02:35:01 PM] said:

> You shouldn't need ld.so installed. It's deprecated.
>

> --
> Jon Portnoy
> avenj/irc.freenode.net

	I believe you need ld.so to run a.out binaries, and
ld-linux.so.1 for libc5 binaries. I think Ive still got some
a.out guys, and a libc5 too... Probably not too common for the
average Gentoo user who doesnt remember the conversion to ELF,
and libc6:) Someone might need it for a some legacy stuff,
though.

Paul
set@pobox.com