List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: etc-update & ._cfg* files: major issue with gentoo?
From:       "Brian Jackson" <brian-lists () mdrx ! com>
Date:       2003-01-06 2:27:40

I didn't even know about etc-update until I saw you mention it in your
email. So, being the good sysadmin I am, I wrote a script that has similar
functionality. I have actually been getting it ready to release for the past
week or 2. I put it up at http://www.mdrx.com/brian/ It finds all the rogue
._cfg* files and diff's them against the real cfg file and displays the
diff's. Let me know if you find any problems with it. Also let me know if
you would like to see any other features.

 --Brian Jackson