List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-admin] Building a second system]
From:       Bart Verwilst <verwilst () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-01-06 2:04:47

Euhm.. Isn't it much easier to just for example:

mkdir /mnt/my_new_system
cd /mnt_my_new_system
tar -xvjpf /path/to/stagex-i486-1.4_rc2.tbz2
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/my_new_system/proc
mount -o bind /usr/portage /mnt/my_new_system/usr/portage
cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/my_new_system/etc
chroot /mnt/my_new_system  /bin/bash
env-update
source /etc/profile
nano -w /etc/make.conf