List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: [gentoo-admin] Building a second system]
From:       John Nilsson <john () milsson ! nu>
Date:       2003-01-04 14:14:40

If I do it this way I would have to compile an entire bootstrap
environment for the 486. Also I wouldn't get the benefits of having gcc
optimized for the athlon.
What I would like is to write a simple script to use when upgrading the
server. Change the makefile and compile 486 optimized staticly linked
binaries to packages that are later merged into the server.