List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcing new Prelinking Guide
From:       "Stefan Jones" <cretin () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-01-03 9:22:28

Terje Kvernes said:
> Terje Kvernes <terjekv@math.uio.no> writes:
>
>  [ ... ]
>
>> [x200 /] # python2.2
>> python2.2: error while loading shared libraries: unexpected PLT reloc
>> type 0x00
>>
>> which sort of hurts when running Gentoo.  I'm fetching a stage3
>> tarball on another system and I'll remerge, hm, kdelibs parts of gnome
>> and what have you not once I get this working again.
>
>  ick!  I fixed this by getting the rc2-tarball and getting the binary
>  from there.  luckily the rest of the state of the box ate that.
>  but, when rebuilding kdelibs I get:
>
> checking if STL implementation is SGI like... no
> checking if STL implementation is HP like... no
> configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install
> libstdc++-devel ?"
>
>  oh well.  sigh.  I guess I'll have to rebuild GCC.  mental note:
>  usermode-linux was made for testing stuff like this.  I wish I
>  wasn't so trusting towards new things all the time.  :-)

Well I'm sorry about this but I have had no reports about any such problems.
Prelink was tested by many people (10's of system which included
installing prelink at the start and upgrading a system to prelink)
The error you got is fairly unique, could anyone else confirm?

Note that prelink is statically linked, and so is sash, so rescue is
always possible, I haven't seen prelink --undo fail, did it for you?
I am guessing this is a compound error,

Stefan