List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcing new Prelinking Guide
From:       Terje Kvernes <terjekv () math ! uio ! no>
Date:       2003-01-03 8:25:15

Terje Kvernes <terjekv@math.uio.no> writes:

  [ ... ]

> [x200 /] # python2.2
> python2.2: error while loading shared libraries: unexpected PLT reloc type 0x00
>
> which sort of hurts when running Gentoo.  I'm fetching a stage3
> tarball on another system and I'll remerge, hm, kdelibs parts of
> gnome and what have you not once I get this working again.

  ick!  I fixed this by getting the rc2-tarball and getting the binary
  from there.  luckily the rest of the state of the box ate that.
  but, when rebuilding kdelibs I get:

checking if STL implementation is SGI like... no
checking if STL implementation is HP like... no
configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install libstdc++-devel ?"

  oh well.  sigh.  I guess I'll have to rebuild GCC.  mental note:
  usermode-linux was made for testing stuff like this.  I wish I
  wasn't so trusting towards new things all the time.  :-)

--
Terje