List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for user-developer communication
From:       Bart Verwilst <verwilst () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-11-16 17:51:57

Hehe, i'm actually already looking into this blogger stuff for gentoo.
But first i need all the transports to work great, now only the msn transport
functions :o(. When it's all fine, jabber-server-1.4.2-r2 will be made
available, and our server (now im.gentoo.org) will hopefully have blogger
support..

On Saturday 16 November 2002 18:45, foser wrote:
||  Spider wrote:
||  > Well,  in light of this I'm looking for somone who could be able to
||  > host me on a finger account, seems we have classical infrastructure for
||  > this in place in the unix world, we just need to use the .plan  and
||  > other features, and thats never going to be easy to do :)
||  I was thinking, jabber has a blog transport, if we add this to the
||  gentoo.org server we could have personal blogs which a dev can _easily_
||  update (example is : jogger.jabber.org ). It's maybe not a great
||  tracker/todo list, but it keeps users updated on whats going on in
||  general or specificly for a certain (group of ?) developer(s).
||  I also remember a weekly newsdigest being discussed on core, afaicr all
||  response to that was positive. It hasn't seen the daylight yet, but i
||  think that's because the devs are usually quite busy doing stuff not
||  thinking about/having the time to put such a mailing together. Maybe an
||  idea to assign it to the doc team or a (group of) helpful users ?
||  - foser
||  --

Bart Verwilst
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team