List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for user-developer communication
From:       foser <foser () foser ! dyn ! warande ! net>
Date:       2002-11-16 17:45:37

Spider wrote:

> Well,  in light of this I'm looking for somone who could be able to host
> me on a finger account, seems we have classical infrastructure for this
> in place in the unix world, we just need to use the .plan  and other
> features, and thats never going to be easy to do :)

I was thinking, jabber has a blog transport, if we add this to the
gentoo.org server we could have personal blogs which a dev can _easily_
update (example is : jogger.jabber.org ). It's maybe not a great
tracker/todo list, but it keeps users updated on whats going on in
general or specificly for a certain (group of ?) developer(s).

I also remember a weekly newsdigest being discussed on core, afaicr all
response to that was positive. It hasn't seen the daylight yet, but i
think that's because the devs are usually quite busy doing stuff not
thinking about/having the time to put such a mailing together. Maybe an
idea to assign it to the doc team or a (group of) helpful users ?

- foser