List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS access
From:       Jonathan Hunt <jhuntnz () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-10-05 9:39:20

On Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:50, Paul de Vrieze wrote:

> Yes, anonymous CVS is not available for us (non-members of the dev team).
> Patches need to be sent through bugzilla (bugs.gentoo.org)
>
> Paul

Hi,

I'm new to gentoo. But I was wanting to add some more packages that aren't
already in portage. I thought the first thing I should do was get an anoncvs
version of the portage tree so that my changes wouldn't be overwritten with
rsync. I was following instructions found here:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/portage-manual.html. Does this mean I can't do
that? Is the manual outdated in its instructions because it doesn't mention
requiring to be a dev member to get anonymous CVS access. Please clarify,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sourceforge.net>
Jabber at jhuntnz@jabber.sk