List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Initial boot up script location
From:       Burton Samograd <kruhft () kruhft ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2002-09-30 19:09:40

Hi all,

I'm searching around for the scripts that are run before the ones in
/etc/init.d.  These would be the ones that print the following
messages:

 * Mounting /proc...                            [ ok ]
 * Mounting devfs at /dev...                    [ ok ]
 * Starting devfsd...                           [ ok ]
 * Mounting tmpfs at /mnt/.init.d...            [ ok ]
 * Caching service dependencies...              [ ok ]
 * Activating swap...
 Adding Swap: 136544k swap-space (priority -1)  [ ok ]

 I know that checkroot is run first out of the scripts in
 init.d...where is this mystery boot script that does the above work?

burton