List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of signed e-build-scripts
From:       Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk () prosalg ! no>
Date:       2002-08-31 15:27:17

On 30 Aug 2002, Ernst Lehmann wrote:

> some time ago, there was a discussion about crytographicaly signing the
> E-build-scripts, so that the information and there stored md-5 checksums
> are better secured againts modification or injection of trojans and so
> on.

This will not be handled before 1.4. The attitude seems to be positive to
doing proper keysigning, and there has been a lot of good discussion on
how the mechanics should be, but we have not had the time to start any
proper implementation of it.

In the end, it'll come down to when the already overworked Portage
maintainer(s) can get around to it.

Kind regards,

Karl T