List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Very bad ebuild-writing practice.
From:       "mike" <vapier () netzero ! com>
Date:       2002-08-17 18:12:54

this was a known issue when the ebuild made (i made it ;])
but the solution was to grab a stable-ish build, make the digest
off of it, and post it to ibiblio.  then, when the next stable-ish
version came along, a new digest would be put out and the
version be bumped up to -r1 and so on and so forth.  the
problem lays with the fact that the last release of quakeforge
is like 0.3.0.  this version is dead and majorly obsolete.
the 'newer' versions get put out when someone famil with
the project feels it is needed.  also, that tar ball isnt auto-generated
every single hour ... not sure if it is even autogenerated ...
but yeah, i think the version should have had at least a
date tag on it now that you mention it.  once i fix the
ebuild for gcc3.x ill post the new one with a date tag
-mike