List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] CJK testing
From:       Stuart Bouyer <stubear () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-07-31 1:24:44

On 月, 2002-07-29 at 08:49, Marko Mikulicic wrote:

<snip>
> 1) Combinations of global use flags activate a ebuild-local use flag.
> 2) ebuild-local use flags have effect only on a given ebuild
>
> for example:
>
> global use flag: "unicode" -> local flag: "postgresql/multibyte"
> global use flag: "cjk" -> local flag: "postgresql/multibyte"
>
> pseudo code in ebuild: if use unicode or use then multibyte
>
> "local" (a better name...) use flags are like use flags but prefixed
> with the ebuild name path.

This will hopefully be possible in a later version of portage, but alas
not at present.

Rather than add a new flag at present, I've gone with nls (for native
language support). This seemed the simplest answer as most users using
non-english apps will probably have this on anyway.

I've made the change, but haven't unmasked yet to give people a chance
to check whether this breaks anything.

cheers

Stuart