List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] CJK testing
From:       Marko Mikulicic <marko () seul ! org>
Date:       2002-07-29 0:23:33

Cong wrote:
 > Do you Marko use any of Japanese, Korean or Chinese?
Not really. Watakushi wa nihon go wakarimasen :-)
I'd like to see japanese support for emacs
since I like to play with foreign languages and emacs
was the simpler solution for inputing hiragana and kanji
that I've seen. (it worked on mandrake but on gentoo is missing)
   I don't know what to input hiragana in mutt or in kde :-(
I know how it works internally but I don't know how to use it like an
user :-(
   What should I install to test CJK support. Terminal ? I see no kterm.
How do you write hiragana and kanji in kde/gnome/mozilla ?

 > Anyway, I believe that the patch for mutt-1.4-r2.ebuild
 > makes it useable for only Japanese users (including me).
Yes, this case is different from postgresql.

Marko