List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    RE: [gentoo-dev] GCC 3.1/3.2
From:       "Michael Mattsson" <michael () kyrana ! com>
Date:       2002-07-29 7:14:21

> Most of my patches are actually in the Gentoo source tree. When you
> emerge a package and you see a line that it's patching the
> source code right after unpacking the source... that's possibly one of

> the gcc-3.1 patches. As far as where I send the patches to... I go to
the
> maintainer's website and e-mail it to him/her and also explain all my
> changes.

Gentoo patches 3rd party apps for new GCC versions?  I would have
expected the original package author to be doing that, not people from a
particular distro.

> And if you wanna see lots of kernel hacks at patches by us Gentoo
> people... try mjc-sources

Is gentoo developing the patches in mjc, or just including them?  Most
of the patch authors I recognize from the linux-kernel mailing list - do
many of them work with gentoo?

Michael Mattsson
Kyrana Inc.
michael@kyrana.com