List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 3.1/3.2
From:       Doug Goldstein <cardoe () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-07-28 22:16:16

Michael Mattsson wrote:

>Just curious.  Who are you sending patches to?  Gentoo scripters, or
>independent QT/GTK developers?
>What kind of patches are you refering to?  Gcc3.2 or kernel patches?
>Why arent any patches in the cvs tree?  How many questions can I fit
>onto one paragraph?
>
>I'm kind of confused as I thought that pretty much all gentoo related
>code were script based.  If this is not the case, then is it possible to
>get a list of gentoo specific modules that may be affected by future GCC
>upgrades?   I ask this because I tend to use the latest GCC CVS
>snapshots for my development (currently gcc 3.1.3).
>

>Michael Mattsson
>Kyrana Inc.
>michel@kyrana.com

Most of my patches are actually in the Gentoo source tree. When you
emerge a package and you see a line that it's patching the source code
right after unpacking the source... that's possibly one of the gcc-3.1
patches. As far as where I send the patches to... I go to the
maintainer's website and e-mail it to him/her and also explain all my
changes. My patches aren't to specific Qt/GTK code because 99% of that
code is fine. It's all C++ syntaxing and what not really. And if you
wanna see lots of kernel hacks at patches by us Gentoo people... try
mjc-sources. Make sure to pick your architecture with (3.1) at the end
if you're using gcc-3.1.