List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] chost,cflags,cxxflags in make.conf on Transmeta and Via Cyrix III
From:       Levente -Levi- Littvay <littvay () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2002-06-30 22:50:22

Hello

I hope this is still apropriate on the dev list.  (I assume people here
will know the answer :)  What should I put in the make.conf (as far as
chost,cflags, and cxxflags is concerned) if I use a laptop with
Transmeta TM5800.  My friend has similar problems with a laptop that has
Via Cyrix III CPU.  As you probably know these CPUs are not speed kings
compared to Intel and maybe even AMD, so optimization is an even more
serious issue.

Please let me know if you know the answer and I most certably recommend
putting recommendations for these processors into the make.conf file
just like every other more popular CPU has the recommended settings.

thx

Littvay, Levente (Levi)
Politologus / Political Scientist

GPG Public Key = http://www.kign.org/levilpub.gpg
GPG Key fingerprint = 7E7F 9104 E563 BFB9 2CF1  2EFB 7C78 FC43 9C13 02F6