List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] new net runlevel
From:       Jacob Perkins <jap1 () ionet ! net>
Date:       2002-06-30 19:29:49

I would like to have a virtual runlevel, let's call it net.  It's going
to be a symlink to either a dsl or dialup virtual runlevel.  The dsl
runlevel will have net.eth0, and the dialup runlevel will have
net.ppp0.  There will be other things in them too, like netmount in
dsl.  I'd like the net runlevel to be started with default so that
something like postfix, which needs net, will start correctly.  How can
I do this?  I tried editing inittab and adding a line to start net, but
if I put it before default, default wouldn't start, and if I put it
after, net wouldn't start and postfix would fail.  I also tried making a
net rc-script, with just a start() that has '/sbin/rc net', but that did
absolutely nothing.  I need help on this asap, thanks.

Jacob