List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses v3 released
From:       Mikael Hallendal <micke () codefactory ! se>
Date:       2001-10-01 17:01:02

mån 2001-10-01 klockan 10.54 skrev Dan Armak:
> On Monday 01 October 2001 17:56, you wrote:
> > Yes, and what I meant is that Dan Armak should the only one using them,
> > period. That means you can't use them.
> I understand and agree that verwilst (or anyone else) shouldn't be using
> eclasses or his day-today work and all his ebuilds. I do think he should help
> me test them, because two testers are always much better than one. I
> introduced Verwilst to eclasses wih this purpose, perhaps I was wrong to do
> so on his first day as a Gentoo developer. Since you hink I should do this
> strictly alone, I will.

Hi!

First of all (and this is nothing against Verwilst) I would appriciate
if I was informed before a new developer joins the Desktop Team.

About the ebuilds, I think that it would be a good idea if _only_ Dan
checked them in. It would be ok to ask help from others to send you
ebuild and test the ones that you check in. By this procedure you can
control the ebuild/eclasses before commiting them.

Also if only you commit them people reading commit-logs will only see
you commit to this "project". If lots of people commits eclasses/ebuilds
that uses eclasses some people might be confused that it's ok.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal                micke@codefactory.se