List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] totem and cdda
From:       Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo () fmp ! com>
Date:       2007-05-11 17:58:53

I have totem set as the default CD player for my Gentoo desktop system.
When I insert an audio CD, it starts up and gives me the error "Totem
could not play 'cdda:///dev/hdc'., No URI handler implemented for
'cdda'."  The default location configured into Gentoo for the startup
when a CD is inserted is /dev/cdrom, which is a symlink to /dev/hdc.
"hdc" is listed as a location in the "Movie" menu and if I click on this
I get similar results.

On the other hand, if I do "Open Location" from The Movie menu and enter
either /dev/cdrom or /dev/hdc, totem plays the CD just fine.  Gnome is
configured to run the command "totem --play --enqueue /dev/cdrom" when a
CD is inserted.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get totem to start playing
a CD without throwing this error?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at