List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop]  Re: Re: Re: small font size of fluxbox right click menu
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2005-05-13 12:41:13

Paul de Vrieze posted <200505131416.43656.pauldv@gentoo.org>, excerpted
below,  on Fri, 13 May 2005 14:16:35 +0200:

> If you want to know the current dpi use xdpyinfo. It will return amongst
> other information your dpi. For nice looking fonts you might want to make
> sure that your dpi is nicely square. On another note you might want to set
> it to 96 which is what windows uses by default and what some "stupid"
> webpages assume.

Mine's 130x130 dpi, here.  I used to filter out the worst font assumptions
using privoxy, just as I have a rather complex set of filters designed to
enforce my preferred light text on a dark background, without eliminating
the color information entirely, as well as the usual ad-filters and the
like.  Now, I find Konqueror's minimum/normal font size settings seem to
work quite well, and a quick Control-Scrollwheel font-zooms if Konqueror
doesn't get it quite right.