List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] What should be responsible for making GL/glxext.h available?
From:       "Mike C. Fletcher" <mcfletch () rogers ! com>
Date:       2005-02-24 20:32:38

I just encountered a failure to build with qt-3.3.4-r2 on an AMD64 box
and am wondering where to report the failure.

The problem was that the (fairly standard) header GL/glxext.h wasn't
available as GL/glxext.h .  Now, this header *is* on the box, at
/usr/lib/opengl/global/include/glxext.h , so I just symlinked
/usr/include/GL/glxext.h to that location, and the build seems to be
working fine now (it's still running).  I'm assuming that *something*
just forgot to make the symlink (which appears to be how that directory
works).

I'm wondering which package would be responsible for making the symlink
(to know where to report the error)?  Would it be xorg-x11?
opengl-update?  Mesa?  Doesn't seem like Qt would be the right place for
the bug report.

If there's an automatic way to figure this out, that would be
interesting to know for future occurrences.

Thanks all,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder