List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] [Fwd: Amarok and Proxy]
From:       Bradley Serbu <brad.serbu () asg ! com>
Date:       2005-02-24 18:41:40

Avamok vs BMP

Amarok Cons
- - - - - - - - - - - -
1) More memory consumption
2) No skinning support
3) Dependency on KDE (kde-base)
4) Can't get Proxy to work (my problem)

Amarok Pros
- - - - - - - - - - - -
1) Excellent Media Library
2) Display's CD Covers and info about playing track
3) Auto-Suggest feature will append suggested songs to the current playlist.
4) Ratings keep track of your favorite tracks and artists.
5) Intuitive Playlist creator/Editor

Basically I'm mostly a mpg123 user... but if your looking for a media
player that needs a Media Library and associated features.  Go with
Amarok.  BMP is lighter weight and great for general purpose playing
with  an interface  identical to XMMS but with better features IMO.

Amarok is great for flashy Media library support.  High on bloat.

- Brad