List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Re: Re: Video trubbles.
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2005-02-22 9:34:35

James Dio posted <1108994449.28494.32.camel@jimboy>, excerpted below,  on
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:00:49 -0500:

> Do you see any problems with these? i see i have -fomit-frame-pointer is
> that bad? i am using -O2 however. my friend is also having difficulties
> with this and we just stumped upon the fact we both are having the same
> problems the other night however he uses an ati card.

-fomit-frame-pointer will normally not be a problem.  I doubt it is in
this case.

Have you tried changing the video output to another option?  That's
probably the easiest thing to try as it doesn't require remerging
anything.  I use kmplayer here, with xinelib, and set the video output
using it.  There are three choices, XVideo, XVidix, and X11Shm.  XVideo,
as I mentioned, seems to work best, here.  Unfortunately, I don't know how
to set those other than in kmplayer.

If you do go to remerging, try only xorg and your video player (xine or
mplayer).  You shouldn't have to emerge -e world.

Also, as I mentioned, try emerging memtest and running that over nite.