List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Re: VIM Syntax highlighting
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2005-02-22 9:24:33

Gitrdun _ posted <81e08d920502211203109a2a1b@mail.gmail.com>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:03:45 -0500:

> I've installed Vim onto a Gentoo ~x86 box, but cannot for the life of
> me get Vim to highlight any syntax. All the files appear to be there
> (i.e. ~users/.vimrc etc/vim/vimrc and usr/share/vim/vim63/vimrc) And
> they all say the same thing "if term has color turn syntax on"
>
> Where is it gathering the term info from. And can I force Vim to
> believe that the term does, in fact, have color.

I'm only a bit of a VIM user and have never worried about syntax hiliting.
However, I /can/ mention that I saw a thread recently over on the dev list
about it.  There's hiliting included for Gentoo specific stuff like
ebuilds, as well, once you get it running.  I don't remember what the name
of the thread was, but I'd suggest checking the archive (try the gmane.org
archive if you need to) for about 3-14 days back, and you should run
across it.