List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] kioslaves -- where are they?
From:       "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel () teuton ! org>
Date:       2004-12-31 18:58:30

I don't seem to have any kioslaves working.  I don't know where to go to
enable them.  All the documentation I've seen make it look as they they
should be there if you have kdemultimedia.  I have kdemultimedia... but no
kioslaves.

Any ideas why?

Primary example of problem:
===========================

KAudioCreator:  When trying to rip CD's (even home-grown garage band CD's
without special security features) I get an error:

 Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
 klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'audiocd'.

Note that KsCD plays the CDs just fine, and cdda2* is able to rip the CD's
ok as well.

Konqueror:  audiocd:/ and audiocd:// both give the same error:
 Protocol not supported
 audiocd

Details on system:
==================
$ grep USE /etc/make.conf
USE="qt kde dvd alsa cdr arts emacs i810 java mmx pda pdflib quicktime sse
readline mysql doc -offensive -gtk -gnome -gtk2"
$ emerge -pv kdemultimedia

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdemultimedia-3.3.2  +alsa +arts -audiofile
-cdparanoia -debug +encode +flac +oggvorbis +speex -xine -xinerama 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
$ uname -r
2.6.9-gentoo-r4

--
                     G a b r i e l   M .   B e d d i n g f i e l d