List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] System crash
From:       Marcos Garcia Marti <marcos_gm () ya ! com>
Date:       2003-09-28 21:02:27

I had the same strange problems: every time i opened OpenOffice, or i
was surfing the net, the system hanged up. But it was X server
only,because sshd still was listening. I think it might not be your
problem, because you have a laptop.
My problem was that Nvidia stable drivers were buggy, and it crashed
when drawing some kind of 2D windows. So i updated to the last one
released.
Try updating your drivers, too.
Good luck!