List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Knowledge and help needed in the area of modules loading.
From:       "Ralph F. De Witt" <ralphdewitt () charter ! net>
Date:       2003-08-16 6:46:06

Hello All:

After playing with the Cdrom problem, I did the stupid thing and coruppted the
system. I have a new install and for the first time I have used the genkernel
thing to make the kernel. This is the first time I have used modules to the
extent that the this auto kernel maker has used them.

I have three problems in the area of autoloading modules.

I am using scsi emulation for my DVD and CD/RW. I have sr mod and sg in the
modules.autoload script. But the modules fail to load during boot. Should
there be other scsi modules loaded also? Which ones?

I have a USB scanner installed. I have the module scanner in modules.autoload,
but it fails to load during boot. Same questions as above.

My sound is also not working I have a SB Live installed, and I am autoloading
the modules sound and emu10k1 but no joy emu10k1 fails to load during boot.
Same question as above.

This is my modules.autoload file:

ide-scsi
sg