List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Need help with CDROM mount points
From:       "Ralph F. De Witt" <ralphdewitt () charter ! net>
Date:       2003-08-16 6:28:04

On Thursday 14 August 2003 10:11 am, charlie.mills@milliman.com wrote:
> OK don't make any more changes.  Your set.  You need to put a cd in the
> cdrw drive in order to mount the drive.  If there is no cd then you get the
> no medium found error.
> Also, eject attempts to unmounts the device (/dev/cdrom in your case as
> shown be `eject -d`) by default before actually ejecting.
> -Charlie
>
> PS
> /dev/cdrom -> /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 -> /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd
Charlie:
Too late to say don't make any more changes. I did and I destroyed the system,
and three more while reinstalling. The good thing is I have gain somenew
knowledge in installing Gentoo.

I now have some totally new problems relating to modules. First time I have
used them when building a kernel.

Could you send me your signature script again.  Thanks for all your help.

Ralph