List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: [C++] [Coroutines] Does GCC want to support `-fno-coroutines`?
From:       Andrew Pinski via Gcc <gcc () gcc ! gnu ! org>
Date:       2023-07-28 2:15:48

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 7:11 PM chuanqi.xcq via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> We're discussing to implement `-fno-coroutines` in clang so that we can disable the \
> coroutine feature with C++ standard higher than 20. A full discussion can be found \
> here: https://reviews.llvm.org/D156247. A major motivation for us to do this is to \
> keep consistency with GCC. However, we don't find `-fno-coroutines` in \
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-13.2.0/gcc/C_002b_002b-Dialect-Options.html#index-fcoroutines.
>  Then we're not sure if GCC intends to support it. And we want to ask opinions from \
> GCC developers for `-fno-coroutines`.

It is already supported.
Read https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-13.2.0/gcc/Invoking-GCC.html which says:
```
Many options have long names starting with ‘-f' or with ‘-W'—for
example, -fmove-loop-invariants, -Wformat and so on. Most of these
have both positive and negative forms; the negative form of -ffoo is
-fno-foo. This manual documents only one of these two forms, whichever
one is not the default.
```

Thanks,
Andrew