List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: svn unavailable since more than an hour
From:       Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-10-30 21:34:27

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 18:31, Rainer Emrich wrote:

> svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
> 'svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk'
> svn: E210002: Network connection closed unexpectedly

I think the server throttles the anon svn connections, and that can
make them time out.

Authenticated svn is fine, and the Git mirror is also fine, even
anonymously (I think it doesn't load the server so much anyway).

We'll be moving to Git in a couple of months so maybe now's a good
time to start using https://gcc.gnu.org/GitMIrror (or the unofficial
https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc one).