List:       gauntlet-user
Subject:    Re: handy scripts Re: [gauntlet-user] 6.0 Solaris - http-authcache
From:       Zákány_Gergely <narancs () narancs ! tii ! matav ! hu>
Date:       2001-06-21 6:35:47

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:

> Hi Zákány!
>
> Hey, cool down. I didn't mean to make fun of you. Not at all.
> I really thought you were describing a bug that manifested itself
> exactly twice a day. And I wondered how they did _that_ at NAI.

ok, no problem. Peace ;-) I'm just fed up with Gauntlet's price/bugs rate.
We had to switch from 5.5 to 6.0 because ck-gw had always stopped and we
have critical services on it. Now it does not stop but not binding to ip,
it listens on all interfaces. But we want to have other ck-gws running on
each interface. http-authcache stops all the time, it's a new feature ;-)
The users were phoning me all the time. Sometimes authsrv gives false
challanges to users with rb-1 cc like: "234265645" which is stupid ;-)

There is no ideal firewall software in this world! ;-)

thanks for all...

-------------------------
Zákány Gergely
IT Security Administrator

"Security of information is an illusion.
What is in one's mind gets into the collective consciousness (akasha),
so that can be read with meditation ;-) You don't have to hack.
Just 'remember'! You're the one."

[To send a message to this list address your message to
gauntlet-users@listserv.v-one.com. To be removed from this list send the
message "unsubscribe gauntlet-user" in the BODY of a mail message to
majordomo@listserv.v-one.com. A searchable archive can be found at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gauntlet-user]