List:       fwtk-users
Subject:    Re: Compile Problems
From:       Tin Le <tin () netimages ! com>
Date:       1999-11-03 0:08:07

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to majordomo@ex.tis.com.]

I think he's missing a lot of the development packages.  He has the app
RPMs installed, but not the devel ones.

Here are the *db* packages I have on my system, and fwtk 2.1 compiled as
is.  No errors, worked perfectly.

[tin@le tin]$ rpm -qav|grep db
gdbm-1.8.0-2
gdbm-devel-1.8.0-2
pwdb-0.55-1
gdb-4.18-6
xxgdb-1.12-6

The important RPM is gdbm-devel-1.x.x

> > OK, just found that removing the # in .h files does not uncomment, it
> > breaks.
> > Whereas it does uncomment in .config files.

The .h files are C files, which uses /* and */ pairs for comments
delimiters.  The .config files are actually Makefiles, which uses # as
comment delimiters.

> > Now two errors:
> > db.c:16 ndbm.h: No such file or directory
>
> Try other DBM packages. Can anyone offer help as to which will work with
> RedHat 6.1?
> http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/faq/faq.html#1.3.1
>
> > ulib.h:26: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
>
> You don't have the X development system installed:
> http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/faq/faq.html#1.3.4

Tin Le

----
Net Images - Premier Web Presence Provider   http://www.netimages.com/~tin
Internet Security and Firewall Consulting
Tin Le - tin@netimages.com