List:       fwtk-users
Subject:    Re: compile problems
From:       Keith Young <kyoung () v-one ! com>
Date:       1999-11-02 22:38:02

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to majordomo@ex.tis.com.]

"Carl A. Cook" wrote:

> Saw the FAQ & was hunting.  File is XFree86-devel-3.3.5.3.rpm.
>
> Now that the devel pkg is installed fwtk seems to have compiled.  Then
> did
> make install & it seems to have gone OK.  Lots of -gw files in
> /usr/local/etc, but no executables anywhere, & no launcher in Gnome. (?)

Thats correct... all of the proxies are named xxxxx-gw....

Now you just need to read the docs in order to get started....  :-)

> Whazza DBM Package?  RedHat has a db package but it's empty.

I assume "DataBase Manager" used for creating simple databases on your
Unix system.

> BTW - I'm getting -two- of each message posting.

That is correct; I am also sending these messages to the FWTK users
mailing list so that others can put their input (and correct my
mistakes  :-)

--Keith
-kyoung@v-one.com