List:       fwtk-users
Subject:    Re: Compile Problems
From:       Tin Le <tin () netimages ! com>
Date:       1999-11-02 20:01:23

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to majordomo@ex.tis.com.]

It's because you are using pico to edit the Makefile.  I know newbies like
to use pico more, but it is meant for editing _email_ not source.

The problem is that pico will line wrap, convert tabs to spaces (BINGO!)
and so on to make whatever it is editing "look" nice.  Pico works great for
email but not for editing program source code.

Anyway, since you have already modified Makefile.config with pico, you need
to start from scratch again with the original tar file.  Untar it, then
_copy_ (cp), don't move (mv) Makefile.config.linux to Makefile.config. Edit
Makefile.config with vi or emacs.

The errors you are getting is because pico converted the tabs to spaces for
the make action, and make _wants_ tabs.

Tin Le

----
Net Images - Premier Web Presence Provider   http://www.netimages.com/~tin
Internet Security and Firewall Consulting
Tin Le - tin@netimages.com