List:       fvwm95
Subject:    [FVWM95] [owner-fvwm95@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE: BOUNCE fvwm95@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE:    Non-member s
From:       Klaus Steinberger <Klaus.Steinberger () Physik ! Uni-Muenchen ! DE>
Date:       1999-03-17 11:34:29

You are subscribed as
tsu@joker.ho.lucent.com

Please correct you're subscription.

Sincerely,
Klaus

----- Forwarded message from owner-fvwm95@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE -----

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:02:33 +0100 (MET)
From: owner-fvwm95@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
To: owner-fvwm95@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Subject: BOUNCE fvwm95@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE:    Non-member submission from ["T. Su" \
                <timsu@lucent.com>]

> From timsu@ihgw2.lucent.com  Fri Mar 12 19:02:32 1999
Sender: tsu@lucent.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:05:05 -0500
From: "T. Su" <timsu@lucent.com>
To: fvwm95-digest@Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Subject: How to control application colors

Hi,

I am having problems controlling the fore/back-ground colors of a certain
application. This application, AgentTester for those who wonder, is started from
the command line of an Xterm. The application pops up with a powder blue
background and black foreground, which is very difficult to read. It doesn't
seem the application can be configured with X resources to change the colors
through the -fg/bg command line options. (Possible?) What's interesting is if I
switch to the Sun CDE environment then the application will come up very
readable, with different fore/back-grounds. I tried to play with the
Defaultcolors line in the .fvwm95rc file and with no luck. I am running
fvwm95-2.0.43a under Sun Solaris 5.5.1. My question is how can I render a
readable color scheme for this application. Or other than the .fvwm95rc file,
what else is dictating an app's look and feel?

Any help will be appreciated.

Tim